Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good morning!

(below see, a 6 yr old child playing piano)

next trip April 20-26, local missionary group.

This year has started out amazing, we are humbly grateful to God for all He is doing. Our motto from the start was 'God is doing'. We wanted to confess that, because I personally got tired of hearing 'God is going to do', NO, i Believe He is doing all the time! We did our first missionary group trip in March 08' already! With a local Pastor, P. Chris and a missionary who had not done missions in years, Otto.

It blessed my heart to know that this trip to the project in Dominican Republic rekindled his passion and his calling. by the way, the pics of that trip are here - www.nchild.org/republica_dominicana.htm

And we had never had a 2nd trip lined up so quickly, a couple by the name of Ricardo & Luz are sponsoring a trip for April 20 -26. Along with a friend of theirs Javier. Javier is married to Natalia and they have a 5 month old baby. ( I think he's 5 mos.) Ricardo is a construction expert and Javier is an electrician.

Amazing that whenever we need something specific, God just sends the right person with the specific talent.It has been like that since He called us to this mission in August 2004.

I want to briefly share with you two things, actually 3 of importance. In my 2 1/2 months in Colombia (Nov - Jan) I... how do I express this, I did not know gratitude the way I saw it in that trip. I wasn't aware I had not grasped this amazing gift, GRATITUDE, I get emotional just writing about it. But, friend, it really pitched my soul, my heart to see how folks struggle outside, how there is a genuine drug problem with youth all over the world, how families are hungry and hopeless, but most importantly how VITAL it is that we SHARE the HOPE, the FAITH and the LOVE that we have.

A couple of times I had to ask God to forgive me, I had not been as grateful to Him as I should. And connected with this, I think I need to be out there f/t. 2 years ago I was scared to think that was my mision. But in 2008 I'm more then ready, I'm willing to completely leave my comforts, my life as I know it and just take the next leap of faith. I miss the everyday mission of being the words, the ears of Christ. For some reason in the missions field I always have an opportunity to do what brings me joy and satisfaction, serving others. Please pray as its been a very confusing, storm-like season for my mind, I NEED PEACE. I think there might be a battle for me not to take the step that I feel God is directing me in.

2- Attached is a beautiful image, a picture of what Jesus meant. To be 'Child like' It was sent to me by Claudia, its one of my constant prayers to be child like in my heart. To not allow the corruption of an adult heart. To remain pure, to forgive, forget, serve, help, and stay focused on my purpose and calling. I hope you enjoy it and hope it blesses you how it blessed me. Again, thank you.... thank you for believing, thank you for being a part and growing along with us, we are, if you think about it, family. So don't argue with eachother, FOR A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL NOT PROSPER!

PS, Natalia, can you translate this? Please.... :) (Natalia is now helping us with translating, updating pictures, any administrative duties, voluntarily, thank you Natalia! Matthew 18:2"He called a little child and had him stand among them."

No comments: